The Battle of the Bay Triathlon
Get your team together and enjoy a day on the beach while helping a great cause
The Battle of the Bay Triathlon will take place on August 9th, 2014 at 9:00am and is meant to preserve and perpetuate Evans' memory by means of fundraising so that we can elevate and celebrate those who have the courage to reach for their dreams. This race is friendly/competitive and a community celebration of a truly amazing individual. While our main goal is to raise money for the scholarship fund, our underlying cause is to unify the people of this area and let the good times roll.
With the money generated from the triathlon a $5,000 dollar scholarship is awarded to a YHS student who has plans to further his or her education. The triathlon is intended for all ages and athletic ability and is a friendly competition perfect for families and groups of friends.
Individual kayak and stand-up paddle board division added this year! Registration will be available the day of the event and is $40 for individual entry.
Teams will be comprised of four people.
One team member will run 2 miles, one will bike 4 miles, and the other two will canoe 3 miles.
- Start at Cousins Island Beach
- Run up to the Cousins Island checkpoint and turn around
- Run back to the beach and tag up
- From there, bike down to the Yarmouth Town Landing and jump into a canoe
- Race out of the harbor back to the Cousins Island Beach
There is a $100 entry fee per team (a reduction of $40 from previous years). We are doing this in hopes of making the event more affordable and to spur additional participation.
Online registration is available via active.com. To register for the Battle of the Bay or make a donation, please follow the link below:
Race Day Guidelines and Regulations
- Day of Registration will be open from 8:00 - 8:30 AM
- Runners and bikers must report to Cousins Island Beach no later than 8:45, 8:15 AM if not pre-registered
- Canoers must report to Yarmouth Town landing no later than 9:00
- Runners will begin promptly at 9:00
- Bikers must be in place by 9:00
- All bikers must wear a helmet
- All canoers must wear life jackets